Saturday 21 September 2013

AUTUMN APPLE & RAISIN LOAF

 
After having worked pretty much constantly for the past few weeks (hence the lack of posts), I have finally had a day off, which I have spent chilling out at home and attempting to do a bit of baking. The weather here in the UK is already getting pretty chilly, giving me the perfect excuse for excessive amounts of tea and cake!
This autumn apple and raisin loaf was really an experiment, and after a few tweaks, I think I have come up with a very simple recipe to share with you:

1. Grease a large loaf tin. Preheat the oven to around 180 degrees Celsius.

2. Cream together 6oz of butter and 6oz sugar until smooth, then add 2 large eggs and beat in.

3. Gently fold in 6oz of self-raising flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder.

4. Add a generous handful of raisins. Peel a cooking apple, and grate it in. Fold the mixture again to combine the ingredients.

5. Spoon mixture into the loaf tin, and bake for around 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown and well-risen.

If you try it out, please let me know how it goes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment